Pages

Monday 24 July 2017

School Holiday Events - Auckland Museum Trip

On Thursday the 20th of July, my three cousins and I went to the Auckland Museum with my mum. It was an amazing experience because it was my first time there. It was a cold and windy day outside but once you are inside the main foyer you will suddenly feel warm because you'll be greeted by warm smiles of the staff working there. I learnt a lot about cultures, art, volcanoes, World War, you name it. My mum pointed out a war plane hanging from the ceiling and she said it was a German war plane. I asked her how did she know, she pointed out a symbol on the plane and said that it was the flag of the Nazi party of Germany (My mum knows her history). It was a good day and I had so much fun at Auckland Museum. 


A German war plane. 


















One of the best things I came across in the museum was this item, the typewriter, I asked my mum about it and her response ''before there were computers, and all their fancy new functions there was a thing called a typewriter ''. My mum said that the paper was basically your screen so when you type out a document, the words will appear on paper straight away and you can't proof read it so if you make a mistake you have to retype the whole document. 

1 comment:

  1. HI Jezrael I like your Blogpost it looks like you really had fun at the museum the pictures are really cool!

    ReplyDelete